The 3rd Abu Dhabi Corporate Governance Conference
"Corporate Governance in the UAE… Regulatory and Practical Perspectives"
14 March 2012, Intercontinental Hotel –Abu Dhabi
About the Conference:
The 3rd Annual Conference: “Corporate Governance in the UAE: regulatory and practical perspectives' will explore the latest developments
in the UAE corporate governance schemes and will attempt to highlight major trends from a legal and practical perspectives.
The Conference will invite local distinguished speakers that represent a wide variety of expertise, ranging from regulators to
prominent government officials and business leaders. The conference is divided into two main themes: the first one, will focus on
the UAE corporate governance experience , and the second will be an open discussion platform, comprised of experts from the Arab
region that will debate the effects of regional and global trends such as the Arab Spring, the Euro Zone crisis, etc. on corporate governance
- Keynote speech by H.H Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- H.E Sultan Naser Al Swaidi, Governor of the Central Bank, “Bank governance in the UAE and its role on the
safeguarding the financial system against financial turbulence”.
- H.E Khalfan Said Al Kaabi, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Center for Corporate Governance,”Boards of Directors:
responsibility and accountability”.
|| Coffee Break
- HE Riyad Al Mubarak, Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Accountability Authority.
“Governance in the public sector”
- H.E Abdullah Al Tarifi, President of the Securities and Commodities Authority, “ Listed companies’ compliance,
realities and aspirations”.
- H.E Younis Al Khouri, Undersecretary، Ministry of Finance ,
“Government initiatives in the federal bodies: steps and challenges".
- The Arab Governance Taskforce Panel: this panel will discuss key international and regional strategic governance issues and trends, including:
- The Arab spring and its effects on corporate governance schemes.
- The Euro zone Crisis and its implications on global governance.
- The status of corporate governance in the Arab Region.
- Key reforms to enhance corporate governance practices in the Arab Region.
The Panel will be chaired by Dr. Jassim Almannai, Chairman and Director General of the Arab Monetary Fund.
- Dr. Asharaf Gamal, Deputy Executive Director,Egyptian Banking Institute - Central Bank
- Dr. Assem Safieddine, lecturer and Director of Corporate governance programs at the American University- Beirut.
- Mohamed Berro, CEO, Al Hilal Bank.
- Dr. Jasim Mannaai, General Director and Chairman of the Board, Arab Monetary Fund.
- Maali Qasem, CEO and founder of Schema