Date :29 Mar 2017
From :10 am-1:00 pm
Venue :Abu dhabi chamber
"The Changing Role of the Board Secretary"
The Abu Dhabi Center for Corporate Governance invites you to attend a seminar titled "The Changing Role of the Board Secretary". The seminar will be held on March-29-2017 at the Abu Dhabi Chamber Tower, second floor, From: 10:00 am – 12: 00 pm at the Abu Dhabi Chamber Tower, 2nd floor.
The Board, particularly the chairman, relies on the company secretary to advise them not only on directors’ statutory duties under the law, disclosure obligations and listing rule requirements, but also in respect of corporate governance requirements and practices and effective board processes. This specialized role of the modern Board Secretary has emerged to position them as one of the key governance professionals within the organization.
This seminar will cover the following aspects.
• The role of the Board Secretary and in particular their relationship with two of the other key board players – namely the Chairman and the CEO.
• The evolving role and responsibilities of the Board Secretary today.
• Bridging the gap between the Boardroom and the Executive Organizational governance.
• The Board and Board Committee processes.
• Board development and effectiveness.
• Disclosure, reporting and communication with stakeholders.
• Characteristics of high-performing Board Secretaries.
About the speaker:
Jane Valls joined the GCC Board Directors Institute, based in Dubai, in January 2016 as Executive Director. From 2010 to 2015 she was the CEO of the Mauritius Institute of Directors (MIOD), one of the leading Institutes in Africa. She is an accredited Corporate Governance trainer with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and an accredited trainer with the Ethics Institute of South Africa.
ToRegister: Click here
Or email us at: email@example.com
Forother questions call us at 02-6177543
Note: attendance isfree and simultaneous translation is available